June 19, 2015
Here I Come Salt Lake City and Las Vegas!
(Isolated – Chuzenji-ko, Japan)
Hello Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, I’m coming to speak!
What will I be speaking about? Black and White and Vision, of course.
If you live in the area, I’d love to meet you!
Nevada Camera Club in Las Vegas
Date: Friday, July 10th, 2015
Time: 7 pm
Location: Nellis Masonic Lodge #46
Address: 2200 West Mesquite Ave., Las Vegas NV 89106
Wasatch Camera Club in Salt Lake City
Date: Thursday, July 16th, 2015
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Salt Lake Public Library
Address: 210 East 400 South, Salt Lake City, UT – 801-524-8200
My presentation is 75 minutes long and I’ll showing lots of images, telling lots of stories (some of which are even true) and talking about a lot of things including:
- Why B&W Appeals to Me
- What I Look for in a B&W Image
- My Conversion from Photographer to Artist
- Copying Ansel Adams
- My Vision Epiphany
- What is Fine Art?
- The Role of Equipment and Processes
- Listening to Other’s Advice
- Asking Others for Advice
- Photographic Rules
- Cole’s Rule of Thirds
- Photographic Celibacy
- How Long do Projects Take?
- Some Before and After Images
- My Six Photoshop Tools
- Always Stop!
- Comparing and Competing
- How I Choose a Project
- Be Open to New Possibilities
- How I Found My Vision
- Why do I create?
- How to Make Money From Your Photography
- And Many Stories From My Portfolios.
Whew…all this in 75 minutes!
And at the end, I’ll be giving away three prints.
I do hope that I’ll get a chance to meet you.